Welcome to the repository of the Staphylococcus aureus
research & annotation community
- AureoWiki can be searched for locus tags, gene or protein names of strains S.aureus COL, N315, NCTC8325, Newman and USA300_FPR3757. Free text search is also possible.
- A search using locus tags returns the respective gene/protein page. Other search terms will reveal multiple hits listed on a results page.
- The gene/protein pages contain genome based information complemented by e.g. functional and expression data, enriched by references and origins of the data.
- Orthologous genes of the three S. aureus strains are presented side by side making it easy to switch between them by using the register tabs on top.
- Orthologous genes are linked by so called unified "Pangenome" IDs and "Pangenome" gene symbols which can be accessed via the "Pangenome" register tab.
- The "Pangenome" gene pages show the positionally normalized "Pangenome" coordinates and comparative information such as gene descriptions and gene symbols.
- Users can contribute to AureoWiki by adding missing information and new facts about genes or gene products they are interested in. Thus the collective knowledge of the S. aureus community will become available to all its members.
The setup of the Aureowiki was supported by the DFG within the SFBTransRegio34/Z1